Yachting NZ - Club Judge Course - OCT 2021 - POSTPONED
The club judge course will be taught in four evening sessions and it is recommended you attend all sessions.
DATES: Monday 11th October Tuesday 12th October Monday 18th October Tuesday 19th October
TIME: 18:00 - 20:30 Each Evening
LOCN: Richmond Yacht Club Inc, 173 Westhaven Drive, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
if Covid restricts gathering, it may take place online
REGISTRATION: Must Be Pre-registered - Use the link provide by email or latest members newsletter
The course is targeted to people on race committees, race officers, coaches and sailors with a general interest in the Racing Rules of Sailing and the protest procedure. It will not teach people to become rules experts, but those taking part will be able to become a “go to” person in their clubs when issues about the rules arise.
The course will teach students to:
- Know what to do when a protest is received;
- Be able to keep their club’s protest procedures up to date;
- Understand the important sailing rules as well as learn where to find rules and how to read them;
- Learn about participating on a protest committee, at club level, and how to write protest decisions;
- Learn about arbitration;
- Learn about redress;
- Develop contacts for dealing with rules issues, as well as knowledge of the resources available;
- Be able to give sailors a “rules session” in their club.